Saddleback Rider Training
RIDING GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
- DOT-approved helmet (full face recommended)
- Sturdy over the ankle boots (no canvas or cloth etc)
- Full-fingered motorcycle-specific gloves. Fingerless, motorcross or mechanics gloves are not allowed
- Motorcycle jacket
- Kevlar jeans, jeans, chaps, racing leathers or textile are OK.
You will NOT be permitted to participate in riding sessions without proper protective riding gear.
- 500 miles of street riding experience.
- Well maintained street motorcycle or scooter. It will be inspected by an instructor prior to class.
- Motorcycles that do not meet the minimum safety requirements will not be permitted in class.
- Your motorcycle will be subject to the Instructor’s inspection. Included in the inspection will be the tires, chassis, suspension, controls and final drive assembly. Proof of motorcycle registration and insurance is required.
Already a rider? Already licensed? Are your skills beyond the basics and you desire to take your riding to the next level?
Then the one-day Total Control Intermediate Riding Clinic is the ideal class for you. With a maximum of six students to one instructor, you are assured plenty of personalized instruction time.
The IRC is not a license waiver course in the state of California.
In the IRC you will learn the critical information and skills to make you better, more knowledgeable and a safer rider. This important next step in rider training will focus on better control of your motorcycle including maximum braking, swerving and cornering skills. These key elements will provide considerable skill improvements and really boost your confidence out on the road.
Our dynamic classroom sections include: maximizing traction management, how to choose proper lines through the turns as well as the psychological aspects of motorcycling like overcoming fear, keeping your concentration and having the right attitude. This fun and exciting class will put a smile on your face and give you a whole new perspective for your next ride.